Friday, February 03, 2006

Il n'y a pas de solution parce qu'il n'y pas de probleme*

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of a friend and I was saying that I expect that when I finally move in with the Fiancé I fully expect to argue with him a fair bit, you know, in the process of adjusting to eachother.
"Why?"
Fair point. It is not as if we are normally all that belligerent, in fact we both dislike conflict and don't fight very often. Maybe I am too anxious, too cautious. On the other hand you can hardly expect plain sailing all the way, as we are both used to living on our own and doing things just so. Expecting nothing isn't exactly an option either.

Kierkegaard says that anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.

*There is no solution because there is no problem (Marcel Duchamp)

No comments: