Saturday, October 06, 2007

Clothes and food


Somebody has the best jacket in the world and it is not me. I resent this. Oh. Meryl Streep. Empf. Anyway, I just saw The Devil Wears Prada twice, partly through coincidence (cheap impulse buy on a daytrip), partly through bizarre overlaps between it and Snape fandom that you really don't want to know about. Rather than resulting in my pondering Meryl Streep's attractiveness -not to be sneezed at-, which is apparently a popular pursuit, it has led to my being endlessly fascinated by all the beautiful clothes - not usually my thing - and by the opening track, KT Tunstall's Suddenly I See.

On another topic, what is up with anthropomorphic food? Seriously, the smiling pigs and crustaceans, it puts me off food altogether. Dancing carrots. This morning in traffic I passed a truck that had a lobster, a cow and a chicken arm in arm. As in "look, your food, it's happy! Now let's kill it!"

Yuck. No wonder I have to escape into fashion.

1 comment:

Sorcia McNasty said...

Here's the creepiest talking food video in the world:

http://ephemerist.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/we-wanna-go-to-the-partythe-party-in-your-tummy/