Monday, October 08, 2007

Football, movies, such things

From a niceish coffeebar, we bring you your weekend post. I just finished a piece of work and am waiting for the Spouse to finish his. It is Sunday evening, another weekend gone heaven knows where, gone to watching football (actually, talking to people watching football), puzzling and watching Hot Fuzz, which by the by is really good, though towards the end it starts to resemble Shaun of the Dead to an alarming extent. They do rather literally bring an axe to the myth of the English countryside. All the same, it makes me miss England for a minute. Then I remember the terrible service, the terrible food, the idiotic drinking; and I decide I can put up with the US, particularly on a glorious autumn day.

5 comments:

S.S.Stone said...

I really enjoy the way you set up your posts!!! You have a nice creative touch!! as for the glorious autumn days..wow, YES...it's been a grand weekend!

TDEC said...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it! I was reminded of you yesterday - I came across the Tin Woodsman measuring cups in a local store - they're lovely!

Sorica McNasty said...

I, for one, miss the idiotic drinking.

S.S.Stone said...

Cool! yes they are really nice....and the great thing is, if one breaks or you misplace it you can always order one...they've been around for a few years now.

TDEC said...

Idiotic drinking has its perks. Not every day though,and I mean every single day...there's a word for that...