Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Stuff


Ok, I know. I have been less than consistent lately. Rather, I have been less than present lately, in spite of the fact that I have purchased more shoes and had more adventures. I have spent hours being paid to be nice to old people, and will spend considerable time this week being paid to drive through rush hour DC traffic; my personal version of hell as a new driver. I resolved last week to meditate every day, just ten minutes or so. In retrospect that seems the height of optimism.

I will remind myself of Julia Cameron and mention that sometimes it is all about just showing up and putting in the work, no glory or glamour. Which is not to say that I have been writing, because I haven't, being entirely unsure of the usefulness of such an undertaking.

Achievement of the day, then, is showing up this morning, no mean feat. On the plus side, I got to see the Pacific for my trouble. And you know what? That makes it all worthwhile.

4 comments:

S.S.STONE said...

I don't think I know the meaning of "consistent" these days...maybe it's the weather? ya thinque!

Like that little turtle picture...

as for the "more shoes" YESSssssssss!!!!

TDEC said...

As the Spouse and I keep quoting back and forth: "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" (says Oscar Wilde). I hope he's right.

Stephen said...

That's my wife... I guess she is famous now...

;) Glad you like the picture..

TDEC said...

I do! I hope you don't mind me using it - it is such a great picture!