Friday, May 29, 2009

Backlog

From last Thursday:

Today was supposed to be a good, double-booked sort of day. Instead I will cancel both plans and lock myself up with gallons of tea and throat drops. Sigh.

On the upside, I’ll probably watch Wrath of Khan. On an idle search for Trek things, I came across a video interview with Pine and Quinto – Kirk and Spock. I didn’t watch it, because I don’t want to know, but it was a striking shot, an amusing one: Pine in something young and trendyish, Quinto wearing a very ugly hat and yes, a cardigan. Cardigans are for old ladies and Alan Rickman. It really is rather sweet. It becomes clear very quickly when one peruses Wikipedia that the ways in which these folks got their parts are incredibly appropriate – Pine with his initial screw-up, Quinto with his eloquence. And his cardigan, I suspect, because to pull off a cardigan as a 31-year-old, you have to be exquisitely good. And now he’s friends with Leonard Nimoy. Together they will conquer all. Poor William Shatner, he gets none of the sexy this go around.

No comments: