Tuesday, September 15, 2009

These last days I have occasionally wondered if I was entirely sane. The place my head lives right now is not entirely reality. I find that I have superpowers of productivity; but I lose my temper. I’m cooking a lot, which helps with the sanity, though not necessarily the grasp of reality. If this were a song it would be Arcade Fire’s Keep the Car Running. Which, incidentally, I have been playing obsessively.

I have nightmares, but only barely – I dream of winter cold, of nuts and bolts (literally!) and vague unpleasantness.


4 comments:

vellaem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vellaem said...

I listened to that Arcade Fire song obsessively for a few weeks. I cycled through some rap/dance hits and have currently settled on listening to the Killers' "This is your life" & Metric's "Help I'm alive" obsessively. If you see a disturbing trend of desperation, I do too :-P

FRANCESCA said...

Maybe you need a vacation. or some time for yourself, just 'to be'

TDEC said...

Francesca - vacation if in the offing! We leave next week. But until then things will be crazy
Evan - do you know Hooverphonic? Help I'm alive kind of reminds me of them. As for the desperation, I sympathise. Tea, pyjamas, In the Bleak Midwinter, Casablanca and Beethoven are all helpful