Friday, November 06, 2009

Please the press in Belgium

So in case no one noticed, I have a tendency to overcommit; and because I also believe in living up to one’s commitments, this can be a problem. Oscar Wilde is right, one can resist anything but temptation. When someone says to me “how would you feel about joining such-and-such?” or “there’s this play/show/game, want to go?” I promptly forget everything and say yes.

So I have an outstanding invite to join an Outlander blog for a Belgian paper. I haven’t responded to it, and given how often I blog these days, probably shouldn’t. But hey…

2 comments:

FRANCESCA said...

Congrats on the invite! Go for it!
I think the idea to "forget everything and say yes" is great-you won't miss out & suffer the regret syndrome.
I have a hard time saying 'no' to things that people ask me to do, but have had to learn how to say no-not easy. :(

TDEC said...

Thanks! Saying no has its perks - but its hard to know when to say it when you love an adventure and like people...