Sunday, January 31, 2010

Binary

It is Sunday morning and I am sitting by the window in the blinding light of the bright day reflected by the fresh snow. All it needs is some daffodils. In some alternate universe I am still asleep, because yesterday was a late night and I did not get anything like eight hours of sleep on this non-work day.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I do have a love-hate relationship with it. It threw a party, and I have a love-hate-hate three-way with those in the biggest way. And here's the thing: it was a good party. In spite of the snow, in spite of the last-minute anomalies, it was my best birthday in years. Any birthday with a binary birthday cake in it has to be a success. It's amazing how much difference one good cook, a projector, some really strong drinks and some really great people can make.

No comments: