Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whoosh

It was an exciting weekend. Nothing much happened (like one of my favourite Tragically Hip songs, Long Time Running “We don’t go anywhere/Just on trips”) but it was fun. The Spouse cooked, and I discovered that

a) I have a knack for discovering cool things late

b) I have yet another thing to thank Whil Wheaton for

c) the Spouse is as good a cook as I remembered

Damn. So the Spouse and I, we made out way through the long and initially quite tedious pilot for Firefly. I know, I know, only seven or so years late. Anyway, we kept going and man, have I been missing out. It has been a long, long time since I’ve seen such well-written, compelling drama. Damn. Damn because of course there is only one series of it, what with the idiots at Fox and their fascinating habit of cancelling awesome shows (Futurama, anyone?)

Still, and even belatedly, Firefly = the awesome.

No comments: