Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday morning


I am in Richmond, former capital of the confederacy, where spring has already started, and yes, I have been sticking to my plan of doing something creative every day. The creative thing has mostly been the same thing, which is a little dull, I admit, but it has been done - the project continues as I write. Slowly, slowly, a little to my dismay, but all the same, I now have five pieces of writing, however modest, however unfinished in some cases, as compared to the zero I had done in the n months before. It seems to involve a lot of food, and by that I mean a lot of writing about food. It is, I suppose, what comes to mind.

There hasn't been much time for other fun stuff, between the work travel coming up, general work craziness, the volunteer board work, and my standing commitments. I regret that, but it is nice to find that even so I can still find the time to do this, though it reminds me of Virginia Woolf and her room of one's own - I have the room, but so little time to myself that I end up writing in other people's rooms, like today with this guest broadcast from Richmond, where I am staying with a friend. It has blossoms and nice weather, and that has gone a ways in helping my obsessive mind leave well alone for a little bit. I needed it, though I really didn't have the time for it.

No comments: